Hearing tips for the Allergy Season
If you've ever experienced an ear infection or had fluid build-up in your ears, you're likely familiar with the impact of conductive hearing loss. This type of hearing loss occurs when an obstruction hinders the vibrations necessary for sound processing, resulting in muffled hearing or even temporary hearing loss. Allergies trigger the release of histamine by the immune system in response to allergens, causing various reactions including congestion in the ear and increased mucus, which can lead to conductive hearing loss.
Conductive hearing loss arises from the accumulation of fluid or earwax in the ear canal, impeding the proper passage of external sound. Although curable, if you already had hearing loss, it can exacerbate existing sensorineural hearing loss, potentially leading to severe challenges in hearing or even complete hearing loss. At Linner, the leading name in hearing aids, we deeply care about your well-being, which is why it's crucial to address allergies and their potential impact on your hearing health to ensure optimal auditory function.
To help individuals with existing hearing loss avoid exaggerating their circumstances during the allergy season, we offer the following valuable tips:
- Practice proper ear hygiene: Refrain from using bobby pins or cotton swabs to scratch the itchy ear canal. Instead, gently cleanse it with a hot, wrung-out towel and ensure thorough drying.
- Stay informed and protected: Keep track of pollen levels and allergens through local weather reports or allergy apps. Limit outdoor activities during high pollen counts, and safeguard yourself with hats and sunglasses to minimize exposure.
- Create an allergen-free environment: Maintain cleanliness indoors by regularly vacuuming, using air purifiers or filters, and ensuring dust-free surroundings.
- Emphasize a balanced diet, regular exercise, and hydration to support overall health and alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Seek professional guidance: Adhere to prescribed allergy medications or treatments, and consult healthcare professionals for personalized advice and guidance tailored to your specific needs. Using Linner's hearing aid would also be helpful - our products are recommended and approved by FDA!
Utilize the cleaning function of your Linner hearing aid: Take advantage of the convenient cleaning function built into your Linner hearing aid, especially during the allergy season. The Linner hearing aid's advanced cleaning feature helps remove allergens and maintain optimal performance. Regular maintenance ensures your hearing aid functions at its best.
At Linner, we prioritize your hearing health and understand the importance of managing allergies effectively. By following these proactive steps, older individuals can safeguard their hearing and enjoy improved well-being throughout the allergy season. Trust Linner, the leading hearing aid brand, to support you on your journey to better hearing.
Finally, hearing aids at Linner are all HSA(Health Savings Account) and FSAFlexible Spending Account) approved, so they are eligible to be purchased using funds from an HSA or FSA account.
Linner wishes you all the best in this allergy season and happy May!